Temper Tantrum

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
Meghan

Temper Tantrum

Post by Meghan »

On Monday, I picked Sydney up from school as usual. She was in a weird mood. When I walked into the room, all the kids were sitting on the floor listening to a story. Sydney did not get up and run over to me. One by one, the other kids started coming over to me as I stood there waiting for her. Finally, I walked over to her and reached to pick her up. She pushed me away angrily. I waited a few minutes, chatting with the teacher, and then cheerfully told her that it was time to go home. I guess she just wasn't ready to go. When I picked her up, she started throwing a temper tantrum.

I carried her into the other classroom to gather her belongings. I had to put her down while I put stuff in the diaper bag. She refused to stand up, so I laid her down on the floor on her back. She laid there, red-faced, kicking and pounding her fists. Full-blown temper tantrum. Then she started digging her heels into the floor and pushing herself across the room, still laying on her back. She got about halfway across the room and then rolled over and started crawling for the door. She was really upset. All I could do was watch, thinking to myself, "Must not laugh."

Finally, I picked her up and carried her out, still kicking and screaming the whole way. We went to the car and I sat with her in my lap for a few minutes to let her calm down. Then we went home and the rest of the evening proceeded without incident, with the exception of a minor meltdown when she found a chunk of strawberry in her yogurt.

I have no idea what her problem was.