Running around naked, uh oh

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Running around naked, uh oh

Post by mightymulhern »

So lately Sydney has taken great delight in running around in her diaper or buck naked if she manages to escape. After her bath tonight, I was drying her off and she was trying to flee. Thinking it would be funny, I said, "Go find mom." to which she went running through the house toward the kitchen. There was a thud indicating that she wiped out somewhere along the way, but no crying.

Meghan convinced Sydney to go back to her room to get her jammies on however while Sydney was running around her room, she peed. Apparently she had no idea that she needed to or did because all of a sudden, the floor and her legs were wet and she started crying. Even after cleaning her and the floor up and getting her dressed, she still seemed pretty upset.

In related news, Sydney has a strong aversion to water on floors, crumbs on plates, or really any dirt or liquid where it shouldn't be. That makes going outside interesting at times because she gets very concerned about a puddle or stick laying on the side walk.

Dropping yogurt off her spoon or spilling something on the rug at home sometimes results in crying without us even saying anything. In fact while we used to try to tell her not to do something or make her clean it up when she spilled, we now totally downplay it, clean whatever it was up quickly, and find ourselves consoling her. For some reason, it's a subject she is really sensitive about.

...so anyway, perhaps letting her run to find mom while in her birthday suit wasn't the best idea.