Talking

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Talking

Post by mightymulhern »

This kid is picking up words quickly. She's also become far more explicit on yes and no (including nodding/head shaking).

Tonight after we got home, we got out of my car and went inside. She turned, waved at the car, and said "Bye car". She also said goodbye to the restaurant tonight as we left.

At breakfast this morning we practiced counting which is something we've been working on a little. I counted five pancakes. Sydney repeated "two", "four", "five". I'm not sure what happened to "one" and "three". While we're on this subject, Sydney frequently observes that there are two of something, points, and says "two".

In the car tonight she kept singing E-I-E-I-O over and over again.

Syd is also starting to try to repeat things that we say. Uh oh...

One thing I'm finding shocking is that I'm starting to understand some of the butchered words that she's putting together. I never thought I'd be able to do that.