Jabber Box

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Jabber Box

Post by mightymulhern »

Sydney is getting so big. She's a lot closer to a little kid than a baby these days. She's also turning into a real jabber box.

The other day I fly flew by her and she said "Bee!" and jumped like it was going to sting her. We assured her that it was only a fly. Where she learned to jump when she saw a bee, I do not know. ...and when one buzzed past her outside this past weekend, she didn't even notice it.

When we leave or she wants us to leave, Sydney now says "Bye". Occasionally we get "Bye car" or "Bye Da". The funniest is when she get up onto the couch, shoves you, and says “Bye”. Roughly translated – “move please”.

This weekend Sydney spilled a bucket of water on her feet while out in the driveway. She looked at Meghan and said "Towel", so Meghan went in and got her a towel thinking she wanted to dry off her feet. Instead she tried to mop up the puddle on the driveway.

She’s also saying “Potty” a lot now. She seems to have regained interest in the potty however nothing has really been happening when we sit her on it. Over the weekend she went into the bathroom twice and pooped in her diaper while sitting on or standing next to the potty. …and then came and told us “Potty”.

Tonight after her bath, I was holding Sydney in the kitchen while Meghan was getting dinner ready, and I asked Sydney if she had a good bath (I had just given her one). She shook her head no and said “Bad bath” with a huge grin.

Sometimes in the bathtub, Sydney points at the water and says “Wah Wah”. She also does it when she sees puddles or rain (as well as when she saw the lake at my parents’ house)

When Sydney was littler she used to just jabber making various noises to herself. Lately she does the same thing with some words thrown in and maybe an EIO. Some of it sounds like singing. It's the weirdest thing. Tonight we asked her if she was talking. She said "Yeah" and continued jabbering.