More talking

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

More talking

Post by mightymulhern »

Sydney spent last weekend with Nana, Papaw, Aunt Jenny, Uncle Abe and Cassie. Apparently in that time she had very little to say other than "Yeah", "Two", and "Want dogs go away". On the way home from that excursion though she went right back to her jabberbox self.

Last night she wanted an apple and asked Meghan for one. Meghan took the apple to cut it and heard "No! Mine!" from our little talker. Meghan handed Sydney the apple, Sydney looked at it, then looked back at Meghan and said "Cut". So Meghan cut the apple and served it to her.

Tonight we were looking through some winter clothes we were given last year that might fit Sydney this year. She found a hat and set of mittens she really liked. We talked about snow a little and she repeated "Snow!".

She's also been telling us to "move" and "sit" a lot. She'll point at the floor next to her and say "Sit" or "Down" if she wants you to sit by her. She'll also walk up to you if you're sitting in a chair she wants, push on you and say "Move". ...or if she wants you to leave a room, sometimes she'll tell you "bye" or push on you and tell you to "Move".

While building a Lego tower tonight she said "Tower" multiple times.

After putting about 30 rubber band bracelets over her own hand, she came up to me, held out her hand, and said "Too Tight" wanting me to help her get them off.

...anyway. Don't be fooled. This child can (and does) talk.