Hide & Seek

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
Mom&DadMulhern

Hide & Seek

Post by Mom&DadMulhern »

After reading about Sydney's recent developments, I thought I would comment on Hide & Seek. We are very guilty of teaching Sydney that. We played that with Sydney the first time at Christmas when they all visited here. Jenny would take either Cassie or Sydney, and I would take the other one, and we would play. When Sydney visited a couple of weeks ago, we played again at our house. Even Cassie at age 3-1/2, didn't get the concept to play on her own until just recently, and even so, has no patience if you can't find her immediately. She will either jump out at you while looking for her and say, "Here I am!" or yell, "I'm in the closet." I'm really kind of surprised that Sydney initiated it like that. Sounds like she is catching on quickly. Sydney never seemed scared when I would hide with her in a closet. She always had a huge grin on her face and would giggle when Jenny and Cassie would find us. Favorite hiding places here at our house are in the pantry, clothes closets, behind any room door, and in the shower or bathtub. The seekers always count to 10 before looking for the hiders.
So, have fun. I think this may be one of Sydney's favorite pastimes. Enjoy! She'll get tired of this way too soon.

Love you!
Mom