Bossiness and other updates

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
Meghan

Bossiness and other updates

Post by Meghan »

Sydney has become Little Miss Bossy lately. She is always telling us to sit down or get up or MOVE!

In her defense, I do tell her what to do quite a bit, too. And if she doesn't obey, I'll count to 3. She knows what that means, and I have rarely gotten to 3.

The other day at the park, she wanted to climb up a ladder that was just too big for her. I helped her up, and then she told me to "Go sit down!" I went and sat on the wall while she went down the slide. Then she wanted to climb the ladder again, so I had to get up and help her. I was then instructed to go sit on the wall again. After repeating this several times, I got tired of walking back and forth to the wall, and decided to stand next to the ladder. She immediately told me to go sit down. "No," I said, "I'm going to wait right here." She looked at me, pointed her little finger at me, and said, "Mommy, GO SIT DOWN! One.....two......"

And I just burst out laughing. I couldn't believe she was counting at me. She looked really irritated, ran over to the slide and sat down, looked over her shoulder at me, and said, "Three! Four!" and went down the slide.

In other park news, we went to the "big park" today. The big park is farther away and besides the playground, it also has several baseball diamonds, soccer fields, and the Mount Prospect Community Center. Today for some reason, Sydney wanted to hike across the soccer fields to the community center. She led me by the hand all the way across the fields. There was some construction being done on the community center, and next to it was a big piece of equipment covered in a blue tarp, and a huge piece of pipe several inches in diameter. Sydney walked up to these things and pointed at them and said, "Moon jump. Tunnel."

I then had to explain to her that these were not a moon jump and a tunnel, and that she couldn't play on them. I felt really bad. I think she thought I was purposely being mean by not letting her play. She cried and cried and said, "I want to jump right now!" She didn't calm down, and we had to leave. It was a long run home. She just kept saying, "Moon jump," over and over.