New Words...

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

New Words...

Post by mightymulhern »

Sydney has learned the word "Hey". She now frequently says, "Hey Dad!" or "Hey Mom". While playing with her dolls earlier tonight in her doll bunk bed (gift from Grandma Kathy), Sydney addressed them all collectively as "Hey Guys!".

Not a new word but one that I don't think we ever mentioned. When Sydney wants to wipe her mouth or her hands, she asks for a Nammin which to the rest of us call a "Napkin".

In other news, I pulled out or deck of picture flash cards over the weekend and went through them with Sydney. She nailed over 90% of them including the word umbrella. Tonight we went through them again and she nailed even more. We hadn't looked at them in over 6 months and were never real serious about going through them. Looks like I'm going to need to buy some more flash cards.

When going through the flash cards over the weekend, I came across a picture of a pair of scissors. Sydney pointed to them and said "coupons"! Sydney likes to help Meghan cut out coupons every Sunday. She likes it so much that Meghan actually bought her a little pair of children's scissors and attempted to show her how to use them. Sydney doesn't have that level of finger/thumb dexterity yet though.