So many questions...

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

So many questions...

Post by mightymulhern »

"What doing dad?" "What doing mama?" "Why?" "Where mommy go?" "Where my daddy go?"

These are 5 things we hear non-stop every day. It's crazy. Sydney asks us what we're doing even when it's obvious, even when we've already told her what we're doing, and even when she can repeat it back. We've actually hit the point where I've started saying "What do you think I'm doing?" or making up something completely insane in response. Sydney will then usually tell me exactly what I'm doing.

- Where my mama go?
- She ran off to Mexico?

- No
- She's in the computer room?

- No
- Then where is she?

- On the couch!

Another odd comment Sydney makes is "What doing mama-dad?" to me. It's as if the "What doing mama" is engrained as a single phrase and she corrects herself by adding dad to the end.

Other cute things we hear a lot of are "Daddy do it.", "Mama do it.", "Sydney do it." and to a lesser extent lately "Syd do it.".