Singing Songs

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Singing Songs

Post by mightymulhern »

Sydney is getting more into singing songs. She frequently gets the last word or few words of a line as we sing songs. She also often makes random noises to the tune of a song when playing by herself. For instance, we might here “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” with “bah” as the only word used.

Sometimes Sydney also sings random words to the tune of a song and inserts conversation. She might for instance be doing a bah bah “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” and throw in words about her shoes falling off while we’re driving in the car. It’s really odd how the brain of a 2yr old works.

I also took the liberty of teaching Sydney 2 new songs and getting her more involved in them. The two were – “Oh I wish I was a little bar of soap” and “Oh I wish I was a little keg of beer”. We’ve sung them for a long time but more recently started having her fill in the last word of each line.

- Oh I wish I was a little bar of (pause)
- Soap!
- Oh I wish I was a little bar of (pause)
- Soap!
- I’d go slippy slippy slidey over everybody’s hiney. Oh I wish I was a little bar of (pause)
- Soap!

Now she’s starting to do “bar of soap” herself (and keg of beer).

The other night in the bathtub, Sydney did several versus of “The Wheels on the Bus” equipped with motions all by herself as well as some others. The video needs some editing but will eventually be posted (lest I post something showing the bare bottom of a 2yr old and get hauled to jail by some overzealous DCFS idiot).