Almost Skipped a Nap, Ok Not Really

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Almost Skipped a Nap, Ok Not Really

Post by mightymulhern »

On Sunday we attended a birthday party that was at 1:00. The time is significant because we can’t schedule anything between 12:00 and 3:00. Sydney takes a 2-3hr nap somewhere in that window every day and is usually tired enough that it can’t even be pushed back. Some days she actually shows signs of getting tired as early as 10 but I digress.

The party was for the first birthday of Ellie, daughter of Faye & Clinton Chow. Upon arriving, Sydney got very shy as always but loosened up within a half hour. While Ellie was opening presents, Sydney pulled Meghan into the other room and was apparently looking for a place to lie down. This would have been around 2:30. She told Meghan that she wanted to go to bed and when Meghan explained that she didn’t have a bed for Sydney there, Sydney with a look of confusion said, “No beds this house?” Eventually they came back because Sydney wanted to stay for cake. After cake we left and to our surprise, Sydney didn’t sleep in the car. She did however crash as soon as we got home and took her nap from 4:00 – 6:00 which worked oddly well despite her bedtime being 8:00.