Washing Dishes

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Washing Dishes

Post by mightymulhern »

Sydney likes to help us wash dishes. Her Nana and Papaw got her a two step stool for the kitchen so now she is tall enough to help without fear of a chair sliding out from under her. Typically we wash and let Sydney rinse/put dishes in the drying rack. Results have been mixed. Sydney has a tendency to rinse the plate, piece of silverware, etc she’s interested in for a long time and to put a lot of things in the drying rack still covered in bubbles. She’s also been known to be less than gentle with breakables and to stack dishes in a less than stable fashion. Regardless, she’s “helping” and she’s happy. Last night while washing dishes with Meghan, Meghan was cleaning out this Bisquick pancake mix shaker container with the old bottle brush. Sydney was very interested and wanted to do it. Meghan turned the task over to Sydney, noted that she was doing a good job with the brush, and turned to do something else. When she turned back, Sydney was standing perfectly still covered in bubbles from waist to hair line.

Meghan asked, “Did you pull out the brush?” Completely stunned, Sydney said, “Yeah” in a small voice and then said “Towel?”

When I got home, Sydney was running around shirtless wearing a pair of jeans.