Sharing or Not Sharing

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Sharing or Not Sharing

Post by mightymulhern »

The phrase “No good deed should go unpunished” bit Sydney last week. Every Thursday, Sydney’s class has “Show and Share” which is like show and tell but presumably with less speaking. In the past, Sydney has taken her glow worm, her Elmo Guitar, her vacuum cleaner, and a few other things. Each time she brings a toy though, she refuses to let the other kids touch it. In fact when she took the vacuum cleaner, one of the boys ran off with it leading to a meltdown. We’ve been coaxing Sydney on sharing but without much success. This past Thursday however, with her teacher’s coaxing, Sydney agreed to let one of the other girls in her class play with her purple Barbie. It was that girl’s birthday. Shortly thereafter, the little girl pulled the legs off it, breaking it permanently.

This past weekend, we had the Freedmans over to watch football. Their son Seth who is probably 5 is a football nut and their daughter Maya is just a few months younger than Sydney. Sydney mostly tolerating Maya playing with her toys but clearly wasn’t happy about it. At one point, to prevent Maya from riding her zebra or playing her piano (which Sydney hadn’t played in months) she pulled the piano over so she could play it while sitting on the zebra. I dragged the toys back apart and didn’t get any protest. Later, the girls were tucking Elmo into bed and Maya picked up the blanket to re-tuck him. At that point Sydney lost it and had to go to bed for awhile.