Long Night

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Long Night

Post by mightymulhern »

Sunday night was a long night although not nearly as bad as some of Sydney’s other sleepless ones. Sydney had a cough and simply kept waking up.

Around 12:30, Sydney started whining for someone to come in. I went in, talked to her, and agreed to lay down on the floor for awhile next to her bed while she fell asleep. She laid in her bed quietly but never did really zonk out. Anytime I moved, the floor squeaked and she was awake. Around I think 2:30 I tried to escape and she kept crying for Daddy. Meghan went in and then I heard “I want my Daddy”. I had to go back so I brought up a sleeping bag and put it on the floor.

With the sleeping bag, I pretty much resigned myself to spending the night in there. Sydney wanted to lay down on the floor with me so I reluctantly got her out of bed. I tucked her in next to me and tried to go to sleep. She tossed and turned. She sat up. She laid back down. This continued for awhile with me eventually warning her that she had to go to sleep or I was putting her back in her bed. She tried really hard.

Later, I felt little hands tucking me in. She was tucking the blanket in up near my neck and then re-adjusting it over and over again. At some point I dozed off only to wake up to another round of that followed by a little hand pulling on my arm trying to roll me over. Eventually I told her she had to go back to bed. That didn’t make her happy, but to my surprise, she didn’t cry.

Throughout my many short periods of sleep I had lots of wacky dreams. Oddly most were focused on sleeping on the floor and trying to get Sydney to sleep. At one point I jerked awake to find myself nearly exactly where I dreamed I was but with Sydney in bed asleep rather than trying to talk me out of putting her in bed. That was surreal.

The next thing I knew, Meghan was waking me up to say it was 6:30.

Monday night was also a long one. Sydney’s nose was running non-stop making it hard for her to breathe. She woke up around 11pm and Meghan took over for the rest of the night. I woke her up this morning with Sydney peeking out of the bars at me. I have no clue how much sleep either of them got.