Back Flips?!?

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Back Flips?!?

Post by mightymulhern »

This afternoon, we decided to take Sydney to the mall to burn off some energy. To our surprise, the mall was packed and the kid's play area was crawling with kids.

It was during this trip that Sydney decided to try a new trick. She climbed in to this foam/rubber boat in the kids play area and started doing back bends over the side and flipping herself out of it. For the record, Sydney has never done this before, and we've never seen any other kid do this at the mall. This was just Sydney being her goofy self. Shortly after Sydney started doing this, another little girl followed her lead. Later her older brother also followed.

The video linked below shows several clips I took concatenated together. Sydney did this 2 or 3 times before I started taping and a few times after. During the first time, we were both poised to run in there because we were certain she was going to hurt herself. After the 3rd time coming up grinning, we figured she knew what she was doing. I suppose the irony in that is the time that she got stuck and the other girl's mother hand to help flip her over.

What the video doesn't show is the facial expressions of other parents when they saw her do this for the first time. Each got the "oh no, she's going to land on her head." expression.

In other news, no one attempted to pet Sydney or referred to her as a baby today.

http://www.houseofmulhern.com/videos/Sy ... kflips.wmv

Mom&DadMulhern

Re: Back Flips?!?

Post by Mom&DadMulhern »

This is absolutely the cutest video I have ever seen. Sydney is a little monkey, and obviously a natural at gymnastics. I love how the other little girl in the video follows Sydney's lead. So very cute.