Last week's Tid Bits

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Last week's Tid Bits

Post by mightymulhern »

The other night when I got home, Sydney came running over to greet me with a beaming grin on her face. I said “Hi Sydney” to which she immediately pulled down her pants down to her knees.

Odder yet, she wasn’t wearing anything under them. Apparently she and Meghan had been at the Library earlier, Sydney had wanted to use the potty (false alarm), and then hadn’t wanted to put a wet diaper back on. Meghan had forgotten the diaper bag, and as a result, Sydney had been going commando for the last hour.

In related news, Sydney was apparently very surprised that the library had potties. When trying to poop, Meghan asked her if she needed to go to the potty. She responded with surprise – “They got potties here!?”

Sydney has learned a new phrase that she throws out any time we’re trying to help her do something or tell her to be careful – “Don’t worry about me”.

When trying to explain something, Sydney will also now say “I show you” and take you by the hand leading you to whatever it is that she’s talking about.

Meghan

Re: Last week's Tid Bits

Post by Meghan »

Today we had thunderstorms. When I picked her up from school, her teacher informed me that she had gotten a little upset when there was thunder. When we got home, we had a talk about thunderstorms. I informed her that I liked them. She said, "I like them, too." I said, "You do? I thought you cried at school." She said, with a slight eye-roll, "Yeah, I totally freaked out." That's a new phrase for her.

In other news, we went to the park last week, and there was a little girl there who wanted to play with Sydney. Sydney ran away from her, and the girl thought Sydney was playing and chased her. Sydney completely panicked and ran to me, screaming and crying. The other girl had no idea what was happening and got really upset. I tried to explain that Sydney thought she was trying to get her, but calming down both girls was a lost cause and we had to leave.