Our little chatter box!

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
Meghan

Our little chatter box!

Post by Meghan »

Sydney has become a little chatter box. She babbles all the time! The daycare teachers say that she talks more than any other 3 month old they've ever seen. They also think that she is more interactive than most 3 month olds. She smiles at everyone and she loves to watch the other kids. One of her favorite things to do is sit at the table when the older kids are being fed their baby food. She loves to watch them eat and babble to them.

This week she has been taking good naps at daycare and has been very happy every evening when I pick her up. I'm so glad that she has adjusted to daycare. I don't have to worry about her while I'm at work all day.

Aunt Linda

Re: Our little chatter box!

Post by Aunt Linda »

I'm so glad she is doing well at her daycare. I can remember taking Jason to a babysitter when he was Sydney's age and constantly worrying about what he was doing while I was at school. It must be a great relief to you guys to know she is so happy. When I read the posts that Michael puts up from the Daycare Center, I can't believe all the things they do with her during the day. I guess with all the chattering she is doing now, you better be saving for lots of minutes on a cell phone for her teenage years.

mightymulhern

Post by mightymulhern »

It is good to know that she's in good hands.

Recently at another daycare north of us, a child was killed when a teacher lost control and threw the kid to the ground. That really puts you on edge. BUT... everyone at Syd's daycare seems really great.

As for the chattering, she is so funny. She'll go on and on making all this baby talk accompanied by a bunch of facial expressions. It's as if she's really trying to tell you some long involved story. ...I don't even want to think about teen years yet. Perhaps we'll just work on forming real words. :D

Mom&DadMulhern

Post by Mom&DadMulhern »

Okay, Michael, here comes the "stories". I apologize in advance. Promise not to embarrass too much. When you were Sydney's age, you were doing the exact same thing. You were very vocal, and I always thought you were trying to tell me something, but of course, couldn't make out what. Your famous word was "Gug". Everything was a gug and every other chatter noise was "gug". By 9 months of age, you were saying real words and knew what they were. I will say, though, that as soon as you started talking really well, you were saying things that we had no idea where they were coming from. You talked as though you had some kind of past life experience. We learned that you used to live with another family in a big white house with black shutters and that you had brothers. Don't know whether this was an actual memory :? ... or perhaps you did have some sort of memory of staying from time to time when you were really tiny with Grandma Jo Jo and Grandpa Ernie. They at least did have a big white house. In any event, don't be surprised if when Sydney REALLY starts talking, she tells you some tales. And the faces ? . . . Well, let's just say I know where they came from, too.
Please don't block me from the forum!! I love reading about all this. It sure is bringing back some fond memories.

mightymulhern

Post by mightymulhern »

Thanks for sharing. Now everyone will think I'm a big psycho. :o

I have 2 memories of what you're talking about, but what I don't know is whether I remember them as actual memories or whether I just remember you talking about them.

I recall the house with the shutters and actually have a mental image there. It's as if I'm looking at the second floor of the house up at a window. Dark shutters. ...and the very edge of shutters on the windows on either side. The house may have had 3 or 4 second story windows all in a line with dark shutters and likely some kind of white siding with faint horizontal lines. It's as if looking at a blank and white photo so the color might not be black but would be dark and appear black on a black and white picture. The image in my head might actually be the house in Huntington however that doesn't fit the time frame you're talking about and the image doesn't go low enough to see the columns from the front porch of that house.

I seem to remember that the brother's name was George or perhaps Greg. Some G name. I only thought there was one though.

NOW EVERYONE REALLY THINKS I'M A PSYCHO! :mrgreen: