The Cold Bath

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
Meghan

The Cold Bath

Post by Meghan »

Today when we got home from the park, I started running a bath for Sydney. She hopped right in. (Excuse me, carefully climbed in.....we always get corrected if we suggest that she hop. Safety first.) There was only about an inch or two of water in there, and she immediately deemed it too hot. I turned down the water temp, but that wasn't good enough for her. She turned it all the way to cold. I tried to explain that that was not going to be comfortable, but she made it clear that she did not want warm water in her bath.

So she took a cold bath. A really cold bath. So cold that it was uncomfortable to me when I washed her. She filled the tub all the way up with cold water and played happily.....for about 10 minutes. Then she suddenly, urgently, needed to get out RIGHT NOW. Her teeth were chattering as I dried her. I tried to get her into warm jammies, but she had already picked out a short sleeved nightgown. So we went with the nightgown and she also put on her fuzzy pink robe that matches her Nana's. Very cute.

mightymulhern

Re: The Cold Bath

Post by mightymulhern »

Sydney has an amazing ability to tune out cold to a point when she wants to. ...and then she's done.

During our final trip to the pool for the summer, it was really too cold to be there. The water was cool and there was a breeze. Sydney played and played. At the end she reached for me to pick her up, teeth chattering, and was done. She clung to me as I carried her back to our where we left our stuff and continued clinging. We wrapped her in a towel, got her warmed up, and said goodbye to the pool for the summer.