Petting Zoo Adventures

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Petting Zoo Adventures

Post by mightymulhern »

Every year this garden center near our house has a fall fest where they have a train, a petting zoo, a moon jump, pony rides, and a place to make scarecrows. This year Sydney got to go twice. On Saturday, she and Meghan went and met Sydney Houdek and her family. Today we went with the Freedmans.

As a little background, Sydney does not like animals. Small, Large, Swimming, Flying, or on the ground; Sydney does not like animals. In fact, she doesn't even like some plants. She's afraid of them and doesn't want to get close.

So yesterday, Meghan and Sydney are standing over near the petting zoo area which is a small fenced in area with goats, sheep, geese, a duck, a pig, and a chicken. Sydney was uncomfortable with the situation and Meghan explained to her that the animals were all on the other side of the fence and couldn't get out. As Meghan finished that explanation, Sydney pointed and asked (clearly confused) "Is that sheep supposed to be on this side of the fence?" At that point, Meghan looked up and saw a large sheep charging toward them. She scooped Sydney up right as it reached them and ran by. Meghan described the scene as chaos with people yelling and jumping out of the way. Sydney freaked out and cried but was soon laughing. Apparently some guy who worked there took off after the sheep, tackled it, and led it back to the fenced in area. Sydney thought that was hilarious.

When we went back today, all of the animals were contained. Sydney was clearly nervous being there. She was briefly entertained by a goose that took a drink from a water dish before climbing into it for a swim. Then it honked loudly at her a few times. At that, she put her hands over her ears and wanted to leave.