Why on Earth did we set this up?!?

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Why on Earth did we set this up?!?

Post by mightymulhern »

Most likely if you have used a web forum, you are asking yourself, why in the world did they set this up? Do they think they have 100 people who actually care what's going on in their lives and want to talk about it on a day to day basis?

Actually we don't find ourselves that interesting and we're certain that no one is interested in hearing about our day to day affairs however we're betting that certain aunts, uncles, grandparents, great grandparents, cousins, etc would probably like to keep up to date on what at least Sydney is up to. We launched the picture gallery and have had substantially more traffic than we expected. Unfortunately the photo gallery is pretty lacking as a medium for communicating anything other than a list of pictures. Before coming up with the forum idea we thought about doing a blog but that seemed more limited. This should give us the ability to do all kinds of things and it's easy to add content to. :ugeek:

Mom&DadMulhern

Re: Why on Earth did we set this up?!?

Post by Mom&DadMulhern »

This is one grandma that is really glad you have set this up. I'm looking forward to reading about Sydney's progress. I find it fascinating when I read the little things she does that bring back memories of her dad when he was a baby. I'm glad I registered. I hope other relatives and friends will do the same.

Aunt Linda

Post by Aunt Linda »

I am really glad you set this up. With the distance between us, this allows me to keep up to date on what my new little grand niece is doing. I bet I might even figure out how to navigate it really soon. Will there be pictures on here too, or will this site only be for conversation? Aunt Linda

mightymulhern

Post by mightymulhern »

Aunt Linda wrote:I am really glad you set this up. With the distance between us, this allows me to keep up to date on what my new little grand niece is doing. I bet I might even figure out how to navigate it really soon. Will there be pictures on here too, or will this site only be for conversation? Aunt Linda
We also needed an outlet for some goofiness.

The web forum is pretty much just text although you can insert small pictures or insert links to elsewhere. I figured we would just keep the image gallery for pictures and this for discussion. ...and maybe post links here if we want to talk about a specific picture.

Like one of my favorites: http://www.houseofmulhern.com/gallery2/ ... itemId=753

mightymulhern

Linking Pictures from the Gallery

Post by mightymulhern »

If you want to post something and link in a picture from the gallery, here's how.

First, find the picture you want in the gallery (thumbnail or full size). Then in Internet Explorer right click on the image and select "Properties". That will give you a nasty looking URL like: http://www.houseofmulhern.com/gallery2/ ... alNumber=2

Paste your URL in the message. Next highlight all of the text of the URL. Lastly with the text highlighted, click the Img button above the box where you type your message. That will put tags around the URL designating it as a picture.

Then click preview and you should see something like this:

You can actually link in pictures from any website this way.