Some kids have monsters under the bed....

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
Meghan

Some kids have monsters under the bed....

Post by Meghan »

Sydney has been waking up occasionally in the middle of the night crying . We thought she was possibly having nightmares, but she can never really tell us what's wrong. Last night she woke up around midnight, hysterical, and spent the rest of the night in our bed.

Tonight as I was putting her to bed, I reminded her that she needed to stay in her own bed all night. She immediately got very upset and said, "No! I can't stay in my bed. That thing talks to me and tells me not to go to sleep!"

Whoa. Back that truck up.

"What thing talks to you?"

"That thing on my shelf. That camera thing," she said, pointing to the video baby monitor that has resided on the shelf above her bed for years.

"Sydney, it's just a camera. It can't talk."

"No! It did talk! It told me not to go to sleep and not to stay in my bed! It's scary."

So I took the camera down and put it away in a drawer. She said to me very seriously, "Mommy, don't ever put that thing back, OK?"

So we shall see if this solves the night terror issue. I guess this is an easier fix than trying to eradicate a monster from the closet or under the bed.

mightymulhern

Re: Some kids have monsters under the bed....

Post by mightymulhern »

As an update to this saga, several weeks back, Sydney asked us to get rid of all the stuffed animals on the shelf over her bed. Apparently they were scary at night as well. :?

They are all currently living in the basement.