Broke the Potty

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
Meghan

Broke the Potty

Post by Meghan »

Sydney still has bouts of constipation from time to time. As of Sunday, she hadn't pooped in over a week. I told her Sunday afternoon that pretty soon we were going to have to put medicine (a suppository) in her bottom if she didn't poop. It's amazing how quickly that threat will induce action. She pooped within 5 minutes. It was the biggest poop I've ever seen. There is no way this thing should have come out of such a little girl. Unfortunately, it was big enough to clog up the toilet. I plunged it for awhile. Then Mike plunged it for awhile. Eventually it went down but the toilet was slow for the rest of the day and required a few more bouts of plunging. Sydney was very interested in this whole process and I explained that the poop was so big that it got stuck in the pipe under the toilet. At no point in time did we insinuate that she was in trouble for this.

Today (Tuesday), she had been complaining off and on that her tummy hurt. She ended up standing in the bathroom with a really uncomfortable expression on her face, clutching her stomach.

"Do you need to poop?"

"No."

"Are you going to throw up?"

"No."

"Are you sure you don't need to poop? Why don't you just try."

*whispers* "If I poop, it might break the potty again."

*sigh* "If it breaks the potty, we'll fix it again. Don't worry about it."

*whispers* "But it might get stuck in the pipe."

"It's ok. We'll fix it."

So finally she consented to sitting on the toilet and pooped within seconds. This miraculously cured her tummy ache.

Seriously? She was giving herself a stomach ache because she was afraid of clogging up the toilet? This kid gets some crazy ideas in her head.