Making Cookies

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Making Cookies

Post by mightymulhern »

Tonight Sydney and I made chocolate chip M&M cookies, and they didn't turn out half bad.

Meghan had a happy hour tonight so I needed to come up with a good Daddy/Daughter activity. I figured we would go to dinner after school and if that didn't work out, we'd just make some cookies. In the end, we did both.

Sydney measured out the chocolate chips, dumped in all the ingredients (I measured the messier stuff), helped me use the hand mixer (actually used it by herself briefly :shock: ), and helped me ball up the dough and put it on the pan.

The only thing Sydney didn't like was balling up the dough and putting it on the pan. I've always just done that with my fingers and so I had her doing it that way. As soon as she got dough on her fingers, she started whimpering. I explained that we would wash our hands as soon as we were done, and she was ok for a few minutes. In the end though, she decided to wash her hands and let me do the messy part. :D

Overall, it was a very good night.