Sydney is a big sister

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
Mom&DadMulhern

Sydney is a big sister

Post by Mom&DadMulhern »

I received a text message on Friday morning from an unlikely person. It read, "Good morning, Nana. I'm Rowan James Michael Mulhern. 8 lbs 8 oz". I nearly dropped my cell phone. Within minutes Michael called to give me the details. I was so happy that I could hardly stand it. Mike was fishing down at the dock and I called him on his cell phone to tell him the news. It wasn't long before we were talking with Michael on the phone and making some plans to make a quick trip to Chicago. We drove up on Friday afternoon. Got there too late to see Meghan and Rowan, but sure did enjoy helping to put Sydney to bed that night. I put her to bed the following night too and sang, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" to her. I believe that may be a favorite now. Saturday we were at the hospital twice, and what a beautiful little baby boy Meghan and Michael have. Sydney is so proud to be a big sister, and Mike and I are so proud to be grandparents of our first grandson. Our best wishes and lots of love go out to the new family of four!