Big Bad Wolves

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Big Bad Wolves

Post by mightymulhern »

We recently pulled a book of children's stories off the shelf and started reading it at bed time. Among the stories were Little Red Riding Hood and The Three Little Pigs, both of which contain bad wolves.

After reading Little Red Riding Hood the first time Thursday night, I made sure to explain that wolves don't really eat people nor do they huff and puff and blow houses down. (...because we all know much better than to give Sydney something new to be scared of at bed time)

When putting Sydney to bed last night she informed me that if the Big Bad Wolf comes to our house, it won't be able to get us because we live in a brick house. Wolves are also too big to come down our chimney and he won't be able to open the door because wolves don't carry car keys. :shock:

mightymulhern

Re: Big Bad Wolves

Post by mightymulhern »

In subsequent readings of Little Red Riding Hood, Sydney has asked me several times why she was walking through the woods alone and why her mommy didn't come with her.