Sydney is NOT ready to move out

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Sydney is NOT ready to move out

Post by mightymulhern »

In our book of children's stories, we are currently reading The Three Little Pigs just about every night.

Unfortunately one of the first times we read it, that story kind of blew up on me.

The story begins something like ...
There were once three little pigs who lived in a house with their mother. As the pigs grew bigger and bigger, their house grew smaller and smaller until one day, it was time for the little pigs to move out and build houses of their own.
At that point the questions began. "Why are the moving out?" "Why isn't their mommy going with them?"

To this, I explained that kids grow up and when they get big enough, they move out, get jobs, get married, and eventually start families of their own. Immediately the concern swept across Sydney's face. Sydney told me that she didn't want to move out of our house.

I explained that we were all going to live together for a long time, but that some day, she would actually want to move into her own house and get married to man and have a child of her own.

At this point tears were flowing and the hysteria was starting to build. She said a lot things. Here are a few of the comments:

"But I won't know how to get to the house. I don't know where that house is".
"I can't drive to the house. I don't know the way."
"I don't know who the daddy is for my baby."
"I don't want to move out."
"If I have my own house, you have to come and visit me every day."

Eventually I got her settled down. I strongly recommend never mentioning a time when Sydney won't have Meghan and I within an arms reach.