Growth spurt

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
Meghan

Growth spurt

Post by Meghan »

We think Sydney is going through a growth spurt right now. She is right on track if that is the case; there is a growth spurt around 3-4 months, and she'll be 4 months old in a couple of weeks.

She wants to eat all the time. Thursday and Friday nights she was up every 3 hours. It was like having a newborn again. Saturday night, she only got up once to eat, at 3:30. We are hoping for further improvement tonight.

She is getting really chubby. Her arms and fingers especially are so chubby that they look almost swollen. Hopefully she'll grow longer soon and use up some of that baby fat!

In other news, Sydney and I went for our first run with the jogging stroller today. She seemed to like it. She didn't cry or fuss, anyway. She stayed awake the whole time and looked around. With her other stroller, we are still using the infant carrier and it is rear-facing. In the jogger, she faces forward. I'm sure she appreciates being able to see where we are going. She's not used to being outside, since the weather has been crappy since she was born.

Sydney also had her first trip to the grocery store today. She road in her infant carrier in the cart. The whole experience seemed to kind of freak her out. She sat very still and wide-eyed the whole time. I couldn't get her to smile at all, but as we walked out into the parking lot, she gave me a huge grin. I couldn't decide if the experience was scary or just awe-inspiring to her. At least she didn't cry!

Aunt Linda

Re: Growth spurt

Post by Aunt Linda »

Do the doctor's still advise waiting until 4 months until giving solid food? Some of these things change all the time. When Jason was little, everyone was sure that when he ate solid food he would sleep better at night. They were wrong. I think they all have a mind of their own and they control us from the moment of birth. She sure is cute and looks like a very happy baby in the newest pictures. Does she still wear size 3 months?

Meghan

Re: Growth spurt

Post by Meghan »

We are not supposed to be giving her cereal until 4-6 months. She needs to be able to somewhat sit up on her own before starting solids, and she is not even close right now.

She has pretty much grown out of the 3 month clothes, and she is working on the 3-6 month stuff right now.