Recap of 4 Year Dr. Appt

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Recap of 4 Year Dr. Appt

Post by mightymulhern »

Sydney: 43 inches and 39 pounds. 75th percentile for height and weight!

• When the nurse came to call us from the waiting room, she ran and hid in the corner, crying that she didn’t want shots. I had to carry her in.
• She was very well-behaved once we got into the exam room.
• She had her blood pressure measured for the first time. I guess that means she is officially a big person. They used a tiny little cuff, though.
• The doctor let her listen to her own heart with the stethoscope, which she thought was pretty cool.
• The doctor asked her a bunch of questions, like identifying colors and whether she knew her letters and numbers. At first she acted dumb and hid her face and wouldn’t answer. Finally, I said, “The doctor is trying to get you to talk so that he can see if you’re normal. So please start acting normal.” She shaped up and answered all his questions after that.
• She was asked to do some physical things like touching her toes and hopping on one foot. Once she was done with what the doctor asked, she continued to showcase her talents by hopping like a frog and pretending to be a cat.
• The doctor asked if I wanted her to get the flu vaccine and I said yes. He said they could give her the nose spray so that she didn’t have to have a shot. She FREAKED out when I explained that they were going to spray something up her nose. She told the doctor, “The nose thing will be uncomfortable!” I told her that she had to either have 2 shots and the nose spray, or 3 shots. She chose 3 shots.
• When it was time for shots, she climbed up on the exam table and did exactly what the nurse asked. She cried when she got the shots, but only for a minute.