Latest Sydney Developments

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Latest Sydney Developments

Post by mightymulhern »

I just wanted to share a little bit about what's been going on with Sydney.

On January 8th, Sydney headed back to the doctor for a weigh in and some shots. EEK! She weighted in at a whopping 10lbs and measured 22" long. That's a big jump over the little 6lb-7oz 18" baby we started with. "She's all grows up!"

On January 12th, Sydney started attending "school" at Early Days in Mount Prospect. She's there five days a week and seems generally happy. At present her curriculum involves singing songs, water coloring, and catching snow flakes -- according to her teachers. When we ask her about it, all she say is "Oh" and "Guh" which could be the start of "Oh God why are they asking me this again" or perhaps something else that adults just can't appreciate.

Also right around this time, Sydney finally moved into her 0-3 month clothes and started outgrowing her newborn stuff. That seems like a big step for a baby that was swimming in her preemie clothes not so long ago.

Over the past couple of weeks, some interesting things have also developed. Let me share a few:
  • Reaching & Grabbing - Previously Sydney was mostly just flailing and would squeeze something if you put it in her hand. Now she actually reaches out and grabs objects. It's also really cute when she reaches up to Meghan as if saying "Pick me up".
  • Playing with her hands - As if playing Mr. Burns, Sydney frequently has her hands folded and fingers intertwined. ...it's as if she's plotting a diabolical scheme. What's really funny is that she's doing the same thing with her toes & feet... except her toes don't quite intertwine.
  • Baby Talking - This baby is chatty! She's been "Oh"ing up a storm. There's also some "Guh"s. I keep looking for some kind of meaning in what she's saying but coming up short. Meanwhile we're trying to teach her to say "Hello" which seems in her grasp based on the range of sounds she's making.

Emily

Re: Latest Sydney Developments

Post by Emily »

Awww...Syd's growing up! :D