Daddy Diaper Changes

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
Meghan

Daddy Diaper Changes

Post by Meghan »

I have never had a catastrophic diaper change incident with Sydney. She seems to save all of those for Mike. One of the first times he changed her, she peed all over the changing table and her clothes. And then there was the time he was holding her legs up to wipe her butt and she managed to pee, poop, and fart all at the same time, spraying him with the toxic mess. But my favorite diaper change was the Poop On Head Incident.

Her diaper had leaked all over her clothes. Mike was changing her, and somehow the poop got everywhere. He called for me to bring a wet washcloth while he undressed her. There was poop all over her onesie, which had to come off over her head. He had gotten her undressed by the time I arrived with the washcloth to sponge her off. Then I left with the poopy clothes and washcloth while he diapered her and got her dressed. He picked her up from the changing table and I heard him say, "Now how did you get poop on your head?!" Somehow, he had smeared poop on the side of her head while undressing her, and neither of us had noticed. I had to come back with the washcloth and wash poop out of my daughter's hair. Ahhhh, good times.

She also once managed to poop on two different daycare workers in the same day! What a talented little girl!

Mom&DadMulhern

Re: Daddy Diaper Changes

Post by Mom&DadMulhern »

Oh, Meghan! I remember the two of you wondering how you could ever manage a "poop" situation when you were thinking of becoming parents. Now you are pro's - even if you don't always get it all. My congrats to Michael for changing diapers. That is one thing his dad NEVER did.

mightymulhern

Post by mightymulhern »

So I'm holding this baby getting ready to put a new outfit on her, and she's smiling at me when I notice a big smear of poo on the side of her head. She is of course oblivious... unaware that she has poo on her head... unaware of what poo is... and unaware of what I seem to be so concerned about. This was one of those moments where a 3rd or 4th hand would be required so I call to Meghan (as she mentioned in her story). The part she failed to mention was how hillarious the scene was (to her). She was laughing so hard she was practically crying with me repeated saying, "Will you wipe the poop off her head?". It seems like that moment went on for a long time.

Not the first or last time Sydney has made at least one of us laugh. Hopefully the last time she'll have poop on her head.

Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Before having Cassie, a friend told us that we would be amazed how much time we'd spend talking about poop once Cassie came along. I couldn't fully understand until Cassie was born and now I think it was an understatement. Just so you know, even with a 2 year old, the subject of poop comes up frequently so sit back and enjoy the ride because it won't end anytime soon. Just wait until the first bath when you look and wonder why there's a log floating down river in the bathtub. Fun times!

mightymulhern

Post by mightymulhern »

Thanks for the words of encouragement Jen.

I think if she were to do that now it would just be a "plume".

Who would have ever thought it would be acceptable to talk this much about poop.