Sydney's Pick for Super Bowl XLIII

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Sydney's Pick for Super Bowl XLIII

Post by mightymulhern »

Sydney has been eagerly awaiting the Super Bowl over the past few weeks but has been torn on picking the team she'll root for. She's in fact been so torn that it has spurred bouts of insomnia some evenings. We keep telling her it's just a game... but she's not having any of that. She’s always looking toward the TV waiting to here the NFL theme song. …or a glimpse of Elmo who Sydney tells us be declaring himself eligible for the NFL draft this spring.

On one side, Sydney has the Cardinals... the underdog with a rags-to-riches quarterback who literally went from bagging groceries and being told to find another dream to taking his team to the Super Bowl. That's just such a great story. Sydney adds that Kurt Warner is rather handsome.

On the other side we have the Pittsburgh Steelers with big Ben Rothlisberger at the helm, Fast Willie Parker in the backfield, and Hines Ward making defensive backs look like fools. And don't forget wild man Troy Polamalu who's ready to take anyone's head off. Her grandparents are also terrible towel waiving Steeler fans. So maybe she ought to root that way.

Story… Terrible Towel… Offense is exciting… Defense wins championships…

Sydney’s pick – Steelers over Cardinals 24 – 17

Aunt Linda

Re: Sydney's Pick for Super Bowl XLIII

Post by Aunt Linda »

Sydney's Aunt Linda says it is the Cardinals over the Steelers 28-17. But mostly that is only to annoy Sydney's Grandpa, I actually think Sydney made a wise choice based on the stats

Mom&DadMulhern

Re: Sydney's Pick for Super Bowl XLIII

Post by Mom&DadMulhern »

We have a very smart granddaughter. She knows the best team when she sees it!