A day in the life....

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
Meghan

A day in the life....

Post by Meghan »

Wednesday night, Sydney didn't want her last feeding before bed. She was pretty fussy, too. I don't know if her tummy hurt, or if she is teething or what. I finally put her to bed without her dinner. She woke up at 4am, starving. I tried to talk her into going back to sleep for a couple of hours, but I was unsuccessful.

I fed her, and after that she was wide-eyed. Sorry Syd, but 4am is not playtime. I gave her a toy, laid back on the couch with her in my arms, and closed my eyes. I was hoping that when she got tired of the toy, she'd just fall asleep. Instead, she started to cry. I put her back in her crib and she closed her eyes and went right to sleep. I know a lot of people whose babies will only sleep when someone is holding them. Mine is the opposite. She will only sleep in her crib!

She was not too interested in getting up at the regular time after the 4am interlude. I let her sleep until 7, but then I had to get her up and get to work. I went into her room and turned on the light and picked out her clothes. I went over to the crib, and she had pulled the blanket over her head. I tried to pull it off, but she clutched it and held it over her face. Yep; that's what you get for waking up at 4am!

Her bad day continued at daycare, where she had a diaper leak so massive that they had to give her a bath! Luckily, she loves baths. She was all smiles when I picked her up.