What has happened to my life?

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
Meghan

What has happened to my life?

Post by Meghan »

Seriously. I used to drive a sportscar. I used to travel all over the world. Now I clean up poo. What happened?

This past Thursday, I picked Sydney up from daycare. As soon as we got home, I laid her down on my bed while I changed out of my work clothes. Then I laid her on the bath mat while I used the bathroom. Then I laid her on her play mat in the living room, and we played for awhile. After a few minutes, I slid my hand under her back to reposition her on the play mat.....and my hand came away wet and sticky. There was poop all over her back. How did this happen? Usually I know when she poops, but this must have been a stealth poop.

Then I noticed that there was poop all over the play mat. I retraced our steps, and found poo on my bed and on the bath mat. We left a trail of poo throughout the house. She was so covered in it that I had to give her a bath.

I really never thought that cleaning up another person's poop would become an integral part of my life.

mightymulhern

Re: What has happened to my life?

Post by mightymulhern »

Meghan wrote:I really never thought that cleaning up another person's poop would become an integral part of my life.
I never thought I'd spend this much time around someone who sneezes, coughs, and throws up on me regularly. Who knew? :D

Mom&DadMulhern

Post by Mom&DadMulhern »

It's called being parents. And...although it seems unending right now with sometimes more unpleasant features than pleasant ones, it will someday be a thing of the past, and you will be watching her go through the same with her little ones. I swear I don't know where time goes. How could I possibly have two children who HAVE children?? Then, when I see those two old people (Dad and I) in the photos, I realize that time definitely has passed. Don't sweat the small stuff (poo). It's only laundry!! And, poo always comes out in the wash. As to "What has happened to your life?" You have a beautiful extension of yourself that really makes life more wonderful than it ever was before (even with the poo - although I'm sure you could do without that). Grandma Kathy says she sees a glow in pictures of Meghan now. After visiting last weekend, I certainly see it too. Hang in there kids! This too shall pass.

Love,
Mom

Aunt Linda

Post by Aunt Linda »

Just be glad you were at home. I remember one time when Terra was on an antibiotic for an ear infection and I took her to the YMCA with me for something or the other. She was feeling fine by then, but I guess the antibiotic had just worked its way through her system. She left a trail of pooh all through the YMCA and all over herself and then of course all over me. Talk about embarassing, but probably not as embarassing as Terra will be if she reads this post. Guess you just never imagine that part of motherhood.

mightymulhern

New spit up Record?

Post by mightymulhern »

I think we achieved a new spit up frequency record yesterday. I believe Syd got me 3 times in under 20 min, the last of which resulted in the need to change my shirt. ...and actually that was my second shirt change yesterday. :(

mightymulhern

Post by mightymulhern »

Aunt Linda wrote:probably not as embarassing as Terra will be if she reads this post.
I'm sure she'll be absolutely thrilled if she reads this. :o