Chatty Baby, Sweet Potatoes, Sippy Cup, Bar

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Chatty Baby, Sweet Potatoes, Sippy Cup, Bar

Post by mightymulhern »

This morning before I left for work, Sydney was extra chatty. She looked at me and said, uh Bah Bah Bah Wuh Rah Bah Bah Bah Bah... with a very conversational expression on her face. I only wish I knew what she was trying to say.

It's very clear that this baby wants to talk to us. All that comes out is a stream of "Uh", "Bah", and to a lesser extent "Rah" and "Wah" but her body language, facial expressions, and the tones in her voice are pretty telling. Nothing has really resembled a word yet though and we're on the fence about how much of what we say she actually understands. ...probably less than we would hope.

We've seen mad, excited, and conversational Sydney.

In other news, Sydney is now eating Sweet Potatoes. She loves them. LOVES THEM! In fact, now she won't eat Oatmeal or Rice Cereal at home. Apparently yesterday while Meghan was feeding her she couldn't spoon the sweet potatoes into Sydney's moth fast enough and was getting a demanding stream of "Uh Bah"s with some tray slapping in between spoon fulls. We'll try another veggie next week.

Along those same lines, Syd is suddenly eating more now in general. We're assuming she's having a growth spurt. ...hopefully that means she'll fit in her high chair a little better. At present she's pretty small in it and tends to lean to one side.

Last weekend, we tried a sippy cup. :lol: No it didn't work. Sydney has seen the other kids at school use them and knew how to grab the cup by two handles, how to get her mouth on the sippy part, but that's about it. Tipping it up for her resulted in water going in her mouth, but then running down her front. Apparently she hasn't figured out how to swallow when drinking from a sippy cup.

Last weekend Sydney also went to her first bar - The Yard House. She had a half yard or porter and was out for the remainder of the afternoon. Nah. In all seriousness though we met some friends (Faye, Clinton, Lisa, and Chris - with baby Claudia) at the bar for a late lunch. Sydney was very well behaved but had clearly had enough after a couple hours. We had her in a booster seat at the table for awhile before alternating holding her and passing her around the table. This would be the first successful attept at taking Sydney out to a restaurant after the horrible experience we had in Steak & Shake on the way back from Jenny & Abe's after Christmas. Pictures to be posted when I get the next batch up. ...likely this weekend.