Rowan at 9 Months

This forum is for discussing all of the latest and greatest about Rowan.
mightymulhern

Rowan at 9 Months

Post by mightymulhern »

Whew! 3 Months without updates.

In the last months, Rowan has grown by leaps and bounds. At present, he is wearing a mixture of 12 and 18 month clothes depending on brand. Some of the 18 month stuff fits better around the middle but is too long in the legs & sleeves.

Rowan now has 4 teeth. The two front bottom ones came in first and the top front too just poked through a week ago.

Rowan is also crawling everywhere and is FAST. That probably started around 8 months.

Rowan does a lot of baby talking and some of it sounds pretty darn close to talking. We've got Bah Bah Bah Bah.... ...and Mah Mah Mah Mah. Sometimes it's more like Mah Mah Mama Mah Mama. He always wants his mommy. Occasionally there is some Dah Dah Dah but he's pretty much all about Mom.

Tonight Rowan was ignoring us and pulling himself up on one of the cabinets in our living room. I said "Rowan". (no response) "Rowan" At that point he half turned, looked at me, said something, and went back to what he was doing. He might have said "what". :o

The last two months have been pretty rough at our house as far as ailments go. Rowan had the stomach flu for a week. A few weeks later he had a 103 fever for the better part of a week. It took him another week to get back to eating right. At the last doctor visit, he weighted in at 24lbs and 4oz.

And there is eating... This kid wants to eat whatever he sees everyone else eating. At school he eats bagels, ham, green beans, waffles, pizza, and chicken in addition to the normal pureed baby food and milk. He's funny to watch. Rowan puts everything in his mouth but always seems more cautious of food. He usually puts a bit in his mouth and then quickly pulls it out and throws it on the floor hard. (repeat) (repeat) Oddly, non-food items don't get thrown.

Rowan absolutely adores his friends and teachers at school. When I pick him up, he often crawls away from me and into the lap of Miss Chris. Sadly he usually whimpers and cries when I take him from her and make him go home. At drop off, there are no antics. He jumps right in with his friends.

Meghan dropped him off the other day and Miss Chris' lap was already taken by another baby. Rowan made a move to try to get in there too and Meghan told him the lap was already taken. At that point he just stopped, sat there and stared as if waiting his turn.

Unlike Sydney, Rowan has no problem exploring. He'll crawl out of the room we're in, into a dark room, and do his own thing. At 4, Sydney still doesn't want to leave the room we're in. They are different kids.