Recent Facebook Posts

This forum is for discussing all of the latest and greatest about Rowan.
mightymulhern

Recent Facebook Posts

Post by mightymulhern »

I've gotten in the habit of posting things on Facebook and not posting things in the web forum. I'm copy pasting some things in for the record.

November 30, 2013
This morning I picked up donuts for breakfast. As soon as Rowan saw me, he pointed and emphatically said "donut"! Apparently if he really really wants something he can talk.

151Like · · Promote · Share
Kristin Morrell Shoemaker, Jeff Boller, Noopur Vijaya Goyal and 12 others like this.

Jennifer Yang Who wouldn't want a donut?? That is awesome.
November 30, 2013 at 10:00pm · Like

December 3, 2013
And now for the latest entry into the Chronicles of Mulhern which comes as a text message exchange with Meghan yesterday morning.

Meghan: I told Sydney to get dressed at least 5 times this morning. Rowan finally got fed up and went into her room, got a bunch of clothes, and brought them out to her.

Me: That's awesome! How did she react to that?

Meghan: She was annoyed that the clothes he picked out didn't match. So she went and picked out a different outfit. But it worked; she got dressed.

183Like · · Promote · Share
Brent Seman, Amanda Raymond, Christopher Eakin and 15 others like this.

Sean Nottingham Parenting win!
December 3, 2013 at 7:13am · Like

Cory Grant You got yourself a little Boss on your hands!! lol
December 3, 2013 at 8:43am · Like

Laura McManis Mulhern Cute. Rowan in charge!
December 3, 2013 at 4:43pm · Like

January 3
The other night Rowan wondered into our downstairs bathroom. A minute late he started yelling. Meghan ran in to see what the fuss was and found him upside down doing a hand stand over the edge of the tub with his feet kicking up in the air. Apparently he dropped a toy in, reached for it, toppled over, and got stuck.

53Like · · Promote · Share
Noopur Vijaya Goyal, Kristin Morrell Shoemaker, Julie Hayes and 2 others like this.

Michelle Beason Roush Initially horrifying, eventually hilarious?
January 3 at 6:49pm · Like · 2

Mike Mulhern Instantly hilarious. Had the tub had water in it, it would have been horrifying. Then again if there was water in it one of us would have been in there.
January 3 at 6:53pm · Like · 1

Mike Mulhern I wish I had kept a list of all the times Sydney had to be rescued from herself. I expect Rowan to be no different.
January 3 at 6:54pm · Like · 2

January 11
New Rowan words/phrases:
"Oh Man!"
"Mine!"
"Pider" (spider)
"I'm Bored" (we think)

January 18
Rowan is trying super hard to say new words. As of this week he is now trying to say his own name. He says "Row-Woah". It's a start.

January 31
Coffee Table 1, Rowan 0

Last night Rowan got his first stitches. Apparently he tripped walking across our living room and did a header into the corner of our wood coffee table.

At school today Rowan's teachers asked him what happened. In response, he reenacted the accident. He walked, spun around, then knelt down and touched his head to a table.

February 21
We pulled out the little kid potty a week ago to get Rowan used to the idea. Tonight he told Meghan he had to poop while in the tub. She took him out, put him on the potty, and he went. He then used a piece of toilet paper to wipe his side, knee, face, and the wall. Wiping is serious business. Luckily his arms are too short to reach his butt. Apparently potty training has started.

Rowan will be 21 months old on Monday.

March 2
Which of the following did Rowan NOT do today:

1. Get his finger stuck in a toy cash register.
2. Get his finger stuck in a pretzel.
3. Explain to me that 3 pretzels were "Broke".
4. Identify the letters "A" and "I".
5. Write on a white painted basement door with a pencil.
6. Use the potty and then wipe his knee, his back, his face, and then the wall.
7. Follow me into the laundry room and then start whacking me with a short tube of dusty black pipe insulation.
8. Walk into a pole with his "ank" (blanket) over his head.
9. Fall backwards into a basket of plastic blocks sending blocks rolling in one direction and Rowan rolling in the other.
10. Get the computer mouse taken away 2 times from 2 different areas of the room in 60 seconds.

55Like · · Promote · Share
Beth Duhon, Kristen Schuster, Kathy Mulhern and 2 others like this.

Laura McManis Mulhern Trick question I think "all of the above."
March 2 at 6:01pm · Like

Mike Mulhern 11. Attempted to blow a raspberry on his own tummy.
March 2 at 6:03pm · Like · 1

Mike Mulhern 12. Declared that Mom, Dad, and Sydney all have poo.
March 2 at 6:06pm · Edited · Like · 1

Mike Mulhern 13. Stuffed all of the checkers from the connect-four game under the humidifier.
March 2 at 6:22pm · Like · 1

Kathy Mulhern-Sullivan Ha ha...I think that kid needs a cage. Lol
March 2 at 6:54pm · Like

March 3
Tonight Rowan climbed up on Meghan's exercise step and said, "two... two...". Meghan said, "Are you trying to count? You don't know how to jump.". She then counted to 3 and Rowan sort of leaned forward half stepping off, half falling off the step. Priceless.

March 9
Rowan is in the hospital again.

Rowan has pediatric reactive airway disease which is like asthma for toddlers. His first attack was last summer. Since then we've managed minor episodes with an inhaler. He's been fighting a cold the last couple days and today his breathing continued getting more labored. He didn't respond to his inhaler this afternoon, so we took him to the ER around 5:30. This spell was no where near as bad as last summer but bad enough to admit him.

Meghan is staying with him. He appeared to be doing better when Sydney and I left at 9:15. O2 saturation was about 90-92 and his breathing was less labored.

Like · · Promote · Share
View 16 more comments

Debbie Burns Glad he didn't have to stay and he's doing better.
March 10 at 12:32pm · Like

Laura McManis Mulhern Breathing treatments always made me shakey. Being a wild man was probably Rowan's way of dealing with that feeling. Hope he was calmer today.
March 10 at 2:00pm · Like

Mike Mulhern Yeah. He was practically vibrating. We actually sent him to school today. He had a good day.
March 10 at 7:13pm · Like · 3

Jennifer Tetzlaff-Marsh Yay!! Glad he is doing better!!!
March 10 at 8:52pm · Like

March 14
Rowan has figured out how to navigate between apps on Meghan's phone. He plays memory, hair salon, and does Thomas and friends jig saw puzzles.

March 29
RoRo (aka Rowan) seems to be learning his alphabet either via osmosis being near other kids or by watching Super Why on PBS. He can identify most of the letters despite no one actively teaching him.

Like · · Promote · Share
Tim Cameron, Laurna Brown, Caren Roush and 5 others like this.

Aric Roush Super Why taught Clark how to read and spell...
March 29 at 3:55pm · Like

Aric Roush its like magic
March 29 at 3:55pm · Like

Laura McManis Mulhern He is a chip off the old block.
March 29 at 5:26pm · Like